Thrill Capital Insider is proud to confirm that West Coast Racers is coming to Magic Mountain in 2019!
The attraction, which is slated to open at the Valencia theme park, will be the world’s first racing launch coaster — slated to open in 2019. Unlike traditional coasters, this one-of-a-kind racing coaster will feature two side-by-side tracks with four individual high-speed launches. The race covers two complete laps, multiple airtime hills, extreme high-banked turns and exhilarating over/under near misses. A highlight of the ride is an immersive real time “pit stop” designed and produced by world famous West Coast Customs that will provide riders with a racing experience unlike any other.
Riders will begin their three-minute journey on the unique terrain-hugging track, sitting two abreast are loaded onto sleek West Coast Customs-designed coaster cars. Launching around the first lap, riders will experience head-to-head racing with the other cars on the twin track. The first of its kind “pit stop” experience, narrated by West Coast Customs Founder and CEO, Ryan Friedlinghaus, occurs between the two laps and provides riders an exclusive inside look into the West Coast Customs shop.
West Coast Racers will be located in a new LA centric urban-themed area where guests will enjoy a high-energy street vibe. Currently located in this area is the popular wooden coaster, Apocalypse, and the Cyclone 500 Go Karts, which will undergo re-theming. New dining, games and retail locations will be added to complete the extensive area renovation.
Ride features include:
- A record-breaking four magnetic launches, including a side-by-side first and second race launch;
- Four total inversions, including three zero G rolls and a zero G stall;
- 14 track crossovers and a high-five (where riders can almost high-five guests riding the opposing train), for a total of 30 train interactions (15 per lap);
- Side-by-side airtime hills and overbanked turns; and
- Speeds up to 55 miles-per-hour as riders cross the finish line.